Become a PTA Member!
You can sign up online. Join today! Click here to join the PTA online.
What is PTA?
A parent-teacher association or parent-teacher-student association is a formal organization composed of parents, teachers and staff that is intended to facilitate parental participation in a school. The PTA serves the children and families of the Sunrise Elementary School and community which includes the residences and businesses within the Sunrise Elementary School boundaries. Our vision is to make every child's potential a reality.
- PTA is a powerful voice for all children.
- PTA is a relevant resource for families and communities.
- PTA is a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
Why Join the PTA?
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get connected: There is no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources: The PTA offers a variety of programs for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network: PTA functions are great opportunities to meet other parents and teachers and discuss issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up: PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model: By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits: Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.